Responding to the crisis in Yemen, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced that there are certain immigration relief measures that are available upon request for Yemeni Nationals. These measures include:
- Change or extension of nonimmigrant status for an individual currently in the United States, even if the request is filed after the authorized period of admission has expired;
- Extension of certain grants of parole made by USCIS;
- Expedited adjudication and approval, where possible, of requests for off-campus employment authorization for F-1 students experiencing severe economic hardship;
- Expedited adjudication of employment authorization applications, where appropriate; and
- Consideration for waiver of fees associated with USCIS benefit applications, based on an inability to pay.