Minor Child and K-2 Visa

Under the K-1 visa, a foreign national can come to the U.S. to marry a U.S. citizen. She can, also, bring her minor child under a K-2 visa. The minor child, however, must not have reached the age of 21 before entering the U.S. The Court of Appeals in the Fourth Circuit has stated that the important date is the date that the child entered the U.S. and not the date of the child at the time of the application.

Regis v. Holder, Docket No. 13-1988 (4th Cir. Oct. 16, 2014)